What makes a company successful? Innovation, management, products? These are all valid answers. However, hidden behind these words are people delivering results. Employees drive innovation by implementing new ideas; Managers lead their teams to achieve their goals; Products get created by developers and designers; The people of a company define the fabric of success. In our new blog series “Quality Driven”, we will shine a light on some of our employees and find out how they contribute to ALK’s success. First up is Chris Johnson, ALK’s Technical Writer:
No, our Chris Johnson isn’t the famous American football running back who became the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year in 2009 - even though he did repair football helmets in high school. But, our Chris Johnson is still a celebrity in our eyes.
In only 9 months as ALK’s Technical Writer, he has greatly impacted not only documentation, but has become a lead on training videos and a vital asset to the Marketing team with his fresh perspective on how our partners and customers interpret our product-related communication.
One of Chris’ biggest achievements was moving all of ALK’s documentation in downloadable PDF form to HTML articles within the ALK Support Center. Chris spent the time to review all current documentation, remove outdated information, combine articles, tag content, and even add supporting content and videos. Check out our refreshed ALK Support Center and Training Resources.
As a result, Chris has turned the support site into a complete knowledge base, giving our customers easy, streamlined access to product information and technical help. Did we mention that he also had no prior knowledge of our products before beginning this project? Oh, and he had to learn the software for publishing these articles. We asked Chris a few questions - check out his answers:
Questions & Answers
- Why do you like working here? Great people who motivate each other through the quality of their work.
- Why do you feel what you're doing important? If people don’t understand how our software works, they’re unlikely to buy it or use it.
- What has been your biggest learning experience while working here? Learning both our software and the software I need to do my job.
- If you could pick a new skill in this instant what would it be? Speak Spanish.
- What is the best advice you have ever heard? Don’t worry about what people think about you because most of the time they’re not thinking about you, they’re thinking about themselves.
- What is your motto or personal mantra? Be a little better today than yesterday.
Thank you Chris for making our company a little better today than it was yesterday.
If you are interested in becoming part of the ALK team, check out our careers pages. We are hiring >